Wednesday, October 26, 2011

New Pin Cushion

This is one of those crafts made out of necessity.

I NEEDED a pin cushion.
But the ones that they had at the fabric store were all boring tomatoes.

So I made one.

Materials:

Empty cardboard ribbon spool (a toilet paper or paper towel tube would work too)
1 lonely sock (or other fabric)
Something to weigh down the pin cushion (so it doesnt get knocked over)
Something to decorate the outside of the tube (I used some cheetah print duct tape)
Stuffing
Scissors
String


How-to:

So the main part about this is that I used what I had lying around, so anything here can be replaced with whatever you have around. [Except maybe the stuffing]

1. Gather everything together.

Photobucket
I used some of those decorative glass pebbles to weigh down the pin cushion.


2. Decorate the tube.


3. Put something in the tube to weigh it down.
(If you're using a paper towel/toilet paper tube, make sure to seal off the bottom somehow)

Photobucket

4. Make the pin cushion


PhotobucketPhotobucket

And here is the finished product:

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment